Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Introduction - Online Training

Hello,
I am Lucy and on this blog I will be detailing the steps of my research towards the barrier of extreme stress required for average humans to achieve superhuman feats.  

Currently in the first week of the project I have finalized my off-site training for my volunteer work at HonorHealth Hospital on Pinnacle Peak. A lot goes into actually obtaining even a volunteer position at the hospital it was required for me to get two TB tests and a flu shot. A TB or Tuberculosis skin test in an injection under the skin to check if a person has ever been exposed to tuberculosis. The test is done by putting a small amount of TB protein under the top layer of skin on the inner forearm. If the person had ever been exposed to the TB bacteria, their skin will react to the antigens by developing a firm red bump at the site within 2 days. While the test doesn't tell any specifics on whether a person currently has tuberculosis or how long since they had it a hospital full of immunocompromised individuals doesn't want to take any chances.

Along with these injections I have had to perform several hours of online training. This training has been mostly centered around HIPAA or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. HIPAA is a wide reaching act that protects the privacy of every patient at the hospital. It has very strict guidelines on who had the information of the patient and how that information can be moved around in every circumstance.

However, beyond HIPAA and the other legal details that accompany medical care online training stressed a single important detail. The patient means everything. I should do everything in my power stated and unstated to ensure a pleasant experience for the patient at the hospital. A major part of that is the removal of fear from the environment. I shall be looking more into that topic in the following days as my on-site training begins.

https://www.honorhealth.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment